Make cake for breakfast. Or make it for dessert. Or just make it because, dammit, you want some frickin' cake. It's quick and has 52 grams of protein and only about 12 grams of carbs.
Mug Cake Ingredients
- 1 Scoop (30 g) Metabolic Drive™ Protein, chocolate
- 1 Whole egg, large
- 1 Tablespoon natural peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1 Teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon milk (regular milk, almond milk, whatever)
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- Coconut oil spray or similar for coating mug
- 1 Scoop (30 g) Metabolic Drive® Protein, vanilla
- 1.5 Tablespoons of water
- Chopped nuts for topping (optional)
- Whisk all the cake ingredients together in a bowl to make the batter.
- Lightly spray or smear a large mug with coconut oil. Spoon the batter into the mug.
- Microwave for around 60-90 seconds. Your microwave's power and the thickness of the mug with affect cooking time, but a minute is about right.
- Use this time to make your vanilla drizzle: mix the protein powder with the water and stir until a thick frosting forms. Use more or less water as needed to get the consistency you want.
- Top your mug cake with the drizzle, add chopped nuts if you'd like, and dig in.
Option: Reverse the protein powder flavors. Use vanilla protein for the cake and chocolate protein for the drizzle.