The Community for Enhanced Fitness
- Set the pins of the squat rack just above your hips.
- Start lighter than your squat 1RM. About 25% is a good start.
- Hook the weight with your elbows. Keep your forearms pointed up.
- Step out from the rack, set your wide stance with your feet flared out further than normal, inhale deeply, and brace your core.
- Keeping an upright posture and a near-vertical shin angle, lower yourself towards the ground. You may not reach full depth or even hit parallel the first few times, but stick with it.