Looking for some new press variations to add into your workouts? Try this kettlebell tri-set to leave your shoulders strong, stable, and pumped.
Here's the progression:
- Kettlebell Bottom-Up Press x 5-8 reps
- Kettlebell Open-Palm Press x 5-8 reps
- Kettlebell Rack-Position Press x 5-8 reps
Perform all three exercises consecutively without any rest in between.
Here's the beauty in performing each of these exercises in consecutive fashion:
- The bottom-up press teaches you how to naturally find your overhead-pressing groove while simultaneously tightening the core and promoting shoulder stability. It also primes your shoulder joint for further overhead pressing.
- The open-palm press increases neural drive, promotes hand/forearm strength, and activates the serratus anterior, the often-overlooked stabilizer of the scapulas.
- Finish up with the traditional kettlebell press that allows you to add strength and mass while providing carryover benefits to many of your other favorite lifts.