One of the things that separate the wolves from the sheep in the iron game is back development. A guy who puts in years grinding away on his upper back and lats will end up with a physique that ultimately blows away the one developed by the dude who's just pressing, flying, and curling his way to mediocrity.
So if you're looking for more to do on back day, add this finisher to the mix. Just do ONE set at the end of your normal back workout.
Pulldown Drop Set for Maximum Gains
This is an efficient mechanical drop set requiring only a high pulley and a rope attachment. You won't even have to change the weight. Do the following:
- Straight-Arm Pulldown: 12-15 reps to failure (upright position)
- Straight-Arm Pulldown: max reps (bent over position)
- Bent-Over "J" Pulldown: max reps
- Hybrid Motorcycle Row/Face Pull: max reps
- Bent-Over Lat Pulldown: max reps
Take no rest between exercises. This protocol has a nice flow to it and you'll appreciate the pump.