If your problem in the deadlift is an inability to bring your torso up so that it's perpendicular to the floor, the problem is most likely lower back strength. Fix this weak point with the Jefferson curl.
- Assume a starting position that looks like a Romanian deadlift.
- Using a very light barbell, begin by rolling the spine down from top to bottom. This "rolling" is important and very different than simply bending forward.
- Unroll in the reverse order.
- Use a slow tempo and higher reps for this movement.
- Works great as a deadlift warm-up as well.