Get rid of the slouch. Research actually shows that a closed posture is less attractive to the opposite sex... which means less sex. And you've probably tried all the commonly prescribed recommendations: do pec stretches, train your traps harder, add more band pull-aparts, etc.
But have those things made your posture any better? If not, here's something that might finally do the trick.
Stretch Your Damn Lats
- Loop a band high up and then around your wrist.
- Get in a half-kneeling position with your back knee on the same side as the hand holding the band. Use a foam pad for your back knee if needed.
- To start, create a level of band tension that feels comfortable. Externally rotate your shoulder (palms-up grip) while simultaneously allowing your entire back to round.
- Pay special attention to your lumbar area, trying to flex your entire spine globally.
- If possible, try to encourage a little sideways bend (lateral flexion) in your spine at the same time. This will help lengthen your lat from origin to insertion.
- Hold for 10 seconds at a time, fully exhaling once or twice as you feel your lat lengthen on that one side.
- Repeat in 10-second intervals, 3-4 times on each side, resetting between each stretch interval. You can also hold it statically for 30-40 seconds.
Do these frequently. Do them in the morning, between sets, after workouts, as part of a separate recovery workout, or just whenever you can fit them in. Your shoulders will thank you, you'll have better workouts, and you'll be less unattractive.