The Agile 8 is a simple warm-up routine I've been using successfully for years. It's helped powerlifters, meatheads, and other anti-mobility dudes feel better and progress faster in their workouts with fewer injuries.
The Agile 8 will make you sweat, prepare your joints, stretch your muscles, and best of all, it'll only take ten minutes. Hell, I even do it on the days I don't train.
The Agile 8
1. Foam roll your IT band. Start just below your hip and roll up and down to your outer mid-thigh ten to fifteen times, focusing on any tight spots. Then perform ten to fifteen rolls starting at your outer mid-thigh and rolling all the way down to the outside of your knee
2. Foam roll your adductors. Start just below the crease of your hip and roll up and down your inner mid-thigh ten to fifteen times, focusing on any tight spots. Then perform ten to fifteen rolls starting at your inner mid-thigh and rolling down to the inside of your knee. Again, focus on the tight areas
3. Glute/piriformis myofacsial release with a tennis ball. Take the tennis ball and sit on one your left butt cheek with a slight tilt. Cross your left leg. Roll for 30 seconds or so. Switch cheeks and repeat. Feel free to cry
4. Rollovers into "V" sits: Perform ten reps.
5. Fire hydrant circles: Perform ten forward circles and ten backward circles with each leg.
6. Mountain climbers: 20 total reps.
7. Groiners: Perform ten reps. Hold the last rep for ten seconds. Make sure to push your knees out with your upper arms while dropping your butt down.
8. Static hip flexor stretch: Perform 3 sets of 10 seconds on each leg. Complete all three sets on one side before moving to the other.