Banana Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 3 bananas, sliced and frozen
- 2 cups almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 4 scoops Metabolic Drive® Vanilla (120g)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips, organic
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Slice bananas and freeze them. Speckled bananas work best.
- Add frozen bananas and all other ingredients to a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth or leave slightly chunky for texture.
- Pour into a container and freeze. Should be ready to eat in a couple of hours.
Now, you don't have to freeze the bananas first. That can make the mixture harder to blend if you don't have a great blender or food processor. It'll just take a little longer to freeze into ice cream.
Option: Replace the vanilla protein with strawberry Metabolic Drive® Protein. Leave out the chocolate chips and toss in a few fresh or frozen strawberries. Boom... strawberry-banana ice cream.
Note: Not all protein powders are created equal. If you use other brands, you'll get different results. This recipe was made using a gourmet whey/casein blend, Metabolic Drive® Protein, which has been specially designed to work as a shake and in recipes.