Here's a strategy: Think of the desserts that seem "off limits" on a diet, then make those same treats with ingredients that actually support your goals. Or think of the things people consider bland "diet food" and learn to make them taste good with seasonings, dips, or sauces that you whip up yourself. Get the best of both worlds – flavor and nutrition.
Figuring out how to enjoy healthier food – THAT'S the secret to never getting fat. This is a recipe that takes a traditional comfort food and makes it a little more satiating. Make gains, not love handles. Try this.
- 2 Ripe bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups quick cooking oats
- 1 Cup banana Metabolic Drive® Protein
- 1/2 Cup Splenda
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/4 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- A few dashes of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger
- Chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mash the bananas, then mix with all other ingredients.
- Spray a bread loaf pan with the baking oil of your choice, then coat evenly with about a tablespoon of protein powder to prevent the bread from sticking.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
Note: Bake times may vary depending on your oven, your elevation, and the size of your pan. So pull it out and check it frequently by inserting a knife in it. When the knife comes out clean, it's finished.