Cheesecake isn't the most physique-friendly of foods, but we can fix that. No, this recipe isn't really low carb or low fat, but it's a huge improvement over the conventional version. Think of it as a cleaner, gains-building treat.
With a base made from oats, and a filling sweetened by Metabolic Drive® Protein what more could you want? Here's how to make it.
For the base
- 1 Cup rolled oats
- 2 Tablespoon natural honey
- 2 Tablespoon softened grass-fed butter
- 1 Heaping tablespoon natural crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- Few pinches of salt
For the filling
- 3 Scoops vanilla Metabolic Drive® Protein
- 2 Whole eggs and 1 egg yolk
- 21 Ounces light cream cheese
- 5 Ounces fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup raspberries or strawberries
- Zero-calorie strawberry syrup, or no sugar added strawberry jelly
- Extra peanut butter if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
- Line a 9-inch springform pan (see photo) with baking paper or foil.
- In another pan over low heat, gently melt the butter, peanut butter, and honey.
- In a bowl combine the warm syrup with the oats, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well.
- Pour the oat mixture into the springform pan and press firmly to the edges.
- Place in the freezer to help it set fast while you make the filling, or keep it refrigerated for 30 minutes.
- Add all the ingredients for the filling to a food processor, a good blender, or just use a hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the filling mix into the now-set crumbly base. Throw in half the raspberries or strawberries. Leave some for topping.
- Bake for around 40 minutes. This cheesecake will cook a little darker than a traditional version, so look for a golden top with some wobble left in it.
- Allow it to cool fully before finishing with the jelly and a few more berries. Add a drizzle of peanut butter if you'd like. Refrigerate for at least a few hours to allow it to set fully before enjoying.
If you're counting, here's the macros and calories for the whole thing:
- Calories: 2724
- Carbs: 193
- Fat: 122
- Protein: 136
- Fiber: 26
Try to divide that up into more than two servings!