The Universal Problem
You could be your own worst enemy when it comes to losing fat and gaining muscle, but not for the reason you might be thinking.
Because if you're like most lifters, you've looked at fat loss and muscle gain as two separate and very different strategies. As a result, you've mistakenly programmed your body to function as an efficient fat-storage machine that's resistant to building muscle. Your metabolism is sluggish, fat cells are constipated and hold on to their gooey globs of lipids, and muscle-cell receptors are resistant to pulling in nutrients for growing.
Hey, this is a universal problem that happens at every level of weightlifting. If we're brutally honest with ourselves, most of us would have to admit that we're oscillating, like a giant, slow-moving pendulum, between "chubby-strong" and "skinny-fat."
It's absolutely true. Lifters who are on a "bulking phase" typically are adding a lot of the mass as lard. Most of the strength gains are from neurological adaptations, and the size comes mostly in the form of edema and fat. You end up not more muscular, but a little stronger and a lot softer and puffier.
Admit it. Stop doing that. And fix it.
That's exactly what the Mag-10 Pulse-Fast Strategy does — fixes your body-building problems and keeps them fixed. Muscle-building magic is not in a pill, it's in your body. You just need to know how to turn it on.
The Mag-10 Pulse Fast
It's really exciting... we're seeing potent thermogenic effects combined with enhanced anabolic activity in muscle — all from a single strategy.
According to Christian Thibaudeau, "it might be the only true breakthrough in the world of high-performance nutrition in the past 20 years." Christian's referring to a certain powerful metabolic effect that occurs from pulse-dosing Mag-10 over an extended period. Essentially, extended Mag-10 pulsing is the nutritional strategy we've been using to hold onto muscle mass while shredding-up competitive athletes and bodybuilders.
Thing is, we got a lot more than we expected — not only did we produce a profound anabolic response, we also produced a powerful thermogenic effect, as well. Even more impressive — shocking actually — is that we witnessed greater rates of muscle gain and fat loss than when either fat loss or muscle building are done separately.
The thinking is, we're resetting the fat cell's hormone-release pattern to induce an anabolic metabolism that's fueled by the body's own fat stores, which is where we get the term thermo-anabolic.
Fasting over a 36-hour period, while pulsing with doses of Mag-10, enhances insulin sensitivity in both muscle and fat cells. Due to the fasting state, the loaded Mag-10 formula hits the bloodstream super fast and sends what amounts to an anabolic shockwave right into the muscle. At the same time, fat cells are signaled to release their contents for fuel.
As the body responds to this pulse-fast strategy, muscle cells become increasingly sensitive to the anabolic formula of Mag-10, fat cells shrink, and the systemic urge to eat is reduced.
In essence, we're reprogramming the body to function as an easy gainer — the physique begins to automatically morph into that muscular-lean look of a bodybuilder. Even though it's technically complex, a Mag-10 Pulse Fast is pretty simple and painless to do. It only takes 36 hours, 16 of which you'll be sleeping, and you'll be on your way to being an easy-gainer.
1) First Step — Stop eating by 9:00 PM the night prior to the Mag-10 Pulse Fast, and consume nothing but water until the next morning when you drink your first pulse.
2) The Pulse Fast Period — From 7:00 AM until 9:00 PM (14 hours), consume only Mag-10 pulses and water between pulses. Also take a dose of Brain Candy, first thing in the morning, which will keep you mentally sharp and physically energized for the whole day. After 9:00 PM, consume nothing but water until awaking the next morning when you'll resume eating your usual diet. Hopefully, you'll be following a good dietary strategy. If not, find one that best fits your goals, and begin moving that direction.
3) Number of Pulse Fasts Per Week — One or two Pulse Fasts per week is all that's required. If you choose to do two, make sure there's at least two days in-between. We've found the two best days of the week are Mondays and Thursdays.
Don't get hung up on precise timing. Just follow these simple rules and you'll get the maximum benefits from a Mag-10® Pulse Fast:
1) Brain Candy® — First thing in the morning, prior to your first pulse, consume one serving of Brain Candy® (original or caffeine free).
2) First Pulse — Around 7 AM, drink your first serving (or "pulse") of Mag-10.
3) Timing — Pulse again with Mag-10 every 2-3 hours.
4) Total Pulses — Pulse between 6 and 8 times per day, drinking the last serving of Mag-10 at about 9:00 PM or just before bed. After that, consume only water until the next morning and resume your normal eating plan.
5) Water Intake — Make sure you drink sufficient amounts of water between pulses to stay well hydrated.
Example Pulse Schedule
|Time||6 Pulses||8 Pulses|
|9 PM or Bedtime||Pulse||Pulse|
You can use the Mag-10 Pulse Fast on an off-gym day or training day. If you're going to work out, you want to take full advantage of the enhanced physiologic state induced from training. This is when your body is sucking nutrients right into muscle and why we recommend adding two doses of Plazma™ to the Pulse Fast schedule. Again, the Plazma doses are in addition to Mag-10 pulses, not replacements. Plazma is easy to fit in. Simply schedule your workout about an hour prior to one of the Mag-10 pulses, and follow this dosing protocol:
- Immediately prior to training – Plazma (1 serving)
- Mid workout – Plazma (1 serving)
- Immediately after training – Mag-10 pulse
Think Carryover Effect
Mag-10® Pulse Fasts are designed not to simply burn fat off the body, but to do something much more powerful — to jumpstart your body into easy-gainer mode, and to eventually keep it there.
So don't fixate so much on what happens the day of the Pulse Fast, but instead, notice what occurs over a three-day period. In other words, as long as you stay active, and follow a good dietary strategy, there's a powerful carryover effect that lasts for several days. As soon as the effects taper, or shortly thereafter, hit another Pulse Fast. Typically, this means you'll be on a Pulse Fast once or twice per week.
The Day of the Pulse Fast
The day you pulse fast, you will lose 2 or 3 pounds of weight (and as much as 4 or 5 pounds), coming mostly from fat and water. But the real benefit from thermo-anabolic metabolism occurs in the two days after the Pulse Fast, when your body is extra sensitive to building muscle and burning fat.
The Few Days After
Coming off a Pulse Fast the body is primed to suck nutrients into muscle and to not store body fat. So take full advantage of this enhanced physiology by following effective dietary and training strategies, and really load up on the peri-workout nutrients.
This is especially true for the first day after the Pulse Fast, where you'll get a profound rebound effect. To really take advantage of the effect, you'll want to increase training volume, and if you can do it, train twice that day. You'll also want to use extra Plazma and Mag-10 each time you train.
Again, the overall goal is to get your body as muscular and lean as possible, and keep it there! All you have to do is get your body's physiology to cooperate. The Mag-10 Pulse Fast produces the thermo-anabolic physiology that begins to morph the body into the muscular-lean look of a bodybuilder or performance athlete.
All you have to do is, allow it to happen.