Photo Credit: Igor Huerta Garcia
6 Steps to Chin-Up Strength
This method will boost your chin-ups fast:
- After a few warm-ups, add a little weight with a dip belt and do 5 reps.
- For the next set, add a little weight and do 4 reps.
- Then add a bit more and do 3 reps.
- Add more and do 2.
- Now do a single rep that's heavy for you, but can still be performed with a good deal of power and explosiveness.
- After this, do two sets of bodyweight chin-ups for as many reps as possible (AMRAP).
Each week try to add a little more weight to the top single and more reps to the back-off sets.
The driver in all of this is using the right amount of weight for the top single. It shouldn't be a grinding single. This is key because when the single is very difficult to complete, it'll tax your nervous system to the point where your back-off sets just suck. You won't be able to do as many bodyweight reps as you could've and you won't experience the same benefits.