This exercise targets the rectus abdominis perfectly. Here's how to do it:
- Position the small of your back over the center of the BOSU ball and "wrap" your spine around it.
- Grab the bar with your arms perpendicular to the ground. Keep your elbows locked.
- Start the movement by "curling the spine" upwards as far as your range of motion will allow.
- Make sure not to protract your shoulders as you curl up in an effort to raise the bar higher (remember, it's an ab movement, not a chest or shoulder movement).
- Reverse the movement until you're flat on the BOSU. Pause a second before starting the next rep.
Model: Brianna Alexander