Foam rolling the upper back is great for improving T-spine extension and helping out with kyphotic (hunched) posture. Here are the common mistakes:
- Being too aggressive, leaning way back and putting the lumbar spine at risk, and creating too much rib flare.
- Extending through the neck, practically looking back.
The Right Way
- Lie back on the roller, extend your hands, and clasp them together.
- Create some core tension to prevent rib flare.
- Extend back, keeping the range of motion short and the head neutral.