This is a great bodyweight exercise for back development. It's good for beginners to build strength, but it's also a good move for experienced lifters. Many like to add this to the end of their back workout as a finisher or include it as part of a superset or giant set.
- Use either a bar in a power rack or a smith machine.
- You can use a pronated or supinated hand position.
- Pull yourself up the bar and hold at the top for a second.
- Keep a slight bend in the elbows in the bottom position.
- Too easy? Add a weight vest.
- You adjust your bodyweight by keeping your body straight or by bending the knees to make it easier.