The walking lunge is one of the biggest bang-for-the-buck exercises to add into your weekly programming. This is how I use lunges, along with leg extensions, as a finisher on leg day.
Reasons to Lunge
- It both requires and builds core strength.
- It challenges stability and balance.
- It improves flexibility through the quads, hamstrings, and hips – aiding in injury prevention.
- It works the body unilaterally.
- Increasing the load via dumbbells works grip strength, traps, and back in addition to the lower body.
- Increasing the distance or shortening the rest breaks makes it a fantastic fat burner.