Take the Bulgarian split squat up to the next level with this training method:
- Use a Smith machine or a bench. The Smith allows your back foot to rotate, making for smoother reps.
- Don't come all the way up. Keep the tension on the targeted muscles by not locking out at the top.
- When you're about to hit failure, do an isometric hold at the bottom of the last rep. Hold for 5-10 seconds.
- It's not over. Now grab a lighter dumbbell and do a drop set. Repeat for 2-3 drops in weight.
- It's still not over. Don't forget to switch legs and hit the other side.