Banded shoulder dislocates are a great general warm-up for your shoulders. Add a "wrap around" in the front and back positions for added benefits.
- Grab a light resistance band and take a wide grip with your arms and elbows locked out. Initiate the movement from your shoulder and start to make a big circle around your body.
- When you reach the top, elevate your shoulders up into your ears and begin to bring your arms down behind yourself, dropping your shoulders back down again. Aim to feel a stretch in both pecs and biceps and ensure both shoulders are moving together.
- While at full extension behind you, wrap the band around your waist and squeeze your index fingers together in front of you using your pecs to do this.
- Return to the start position and wrap the band around you waist again, this time behind you, keeping your shoulders back and down. Pull back into yourself and focus on your lats and having tall posture.
- Repeat 10 times or do a few reps between sets during your regular training.