This warm-up sequence will allow you to optimize your deadlifts and good morning exercises. Many times, due to overactive quads, we’re not able to fully activate our posterior muscles. This sequence will:
- Prime your nervous system for deadlifts
- Increase longevity of your joints
- Increase performance in the gym and out
- Balance ratio of quad to hamstring strength
Do the following for 3 rounds, no rest between movements or rounds:
- L-Sit: Keep your belly button flat on the ground, 25-30 seconds.
- Hamstring Bow: Do 5 reps on one side before you switch to the opposite leg. Do 2 rounds before hitting the third movement.
- Shinbox Extension: Perform 5 reps on each side with a 5 second eccentric focus. Chest stays “proud” throughout.