What happens when you take an already-challenging core exercise and add weight to it? Gains. Check it out:
Hollow Body Hold with Dumbbell Reach
- Lay on the floor with weight on your lower back and glutes.
- Simultaneously lift both your legs and shoulders off the ground. This by itself will engage your abs.
- Hold a dumbbell in both hands under your chin.
- Slowly reach the dumbbell behind your head. This pushes the weight further from your center of gravity and forces your abs to work harder.
- Pull the dumbbell back under your chin. This will feel similar to an ab wheel rollout.
Do 3-4 sets of 8-10 reps.