Whether your goal is scary-big triceps or just stronger triceps for benching, this finisher will get the job done. Do it at the end of your upper-body workout at least every other week.
Basically, you're going to toggle between the plate chest press and the plate skull crusher.
How to Do It
- Do 12 chest presses with the weight plate, then immediately do 12 skull crushers with the same plate.
- Keep going back and forth between exercises using descending reps:
- 12 and 12 (12 reps of presses, 12 reps of skull crushers)
- 10 and 10
- 8 and 8
- 6 and 6
- 4 and 4
- 2 and 2
Once you get down to two reps of each exercise, you've completed the first set. Rest and repeat for 2-4 sets total.
What Weight Do I Use?
Pick a weight plate the fits your strength level. There's a slight correlation between the weight you're able to use and your max bench press. To choose your correct weight, use the following:
- 405+ bench presser: Use a 55 pound plate
- 315-405: Use a 45 pound plate
- 225-315: Use a 35 pound plate
- Less than 135-225: Use a 25 pound plate