This two-minute leg finisher involves a series of squats and squat holds that challenge you both physically and mentally. It puts your endurance and your willpower to the test!
How to Do It
Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your hands behind your head. For the next two minutes, do this:
- First 15 seconds: Do as many squats as possible.
- Next 15 seconds: Hold the quarter squat position.
- Next 15 seconds: Hold a half-squat position.
- Next 30 seconds: Hold a 3/4ths squat position.
- Next 15 seconds: Go back into a half squat position.
- Next 15 seconds: Hold a quarter squat position.
- Last 15 seconds: Do as many squats as possible.
- Total Time: 2 Minutes
At no point can your hands leave the back of your head. Doing so means you either lack the strength through your legs or the mobility through your upper back to complete the challenge.
Keep your chest up. Maintain a strong flat back throughout the duration of the two minutes. Rounding the back means failing the challenge.
The hardest part of the drill is going from a three-fourths squat hold back into a half-squat position. Do NOT stand up during this portion of the challenge! Doing so means you didn’t successfully complete the drill. Good luck!