Step 1 – Biceps
Grab a pair of dumbbells and do the following in quick succession, without resting:
- 5 reps of dumbbell curls
- 5 reps of hammer curls, straight up
- 5 reps of hammer curls, cross-body
After the last cross-body curl is done, do a drop set by grabbing the next lightest pair of dumbbells (5-10 pounds lighter) and go through the same progression – 5 curls, 5 hammer curls, 5 cross-body curls. Then move on to triceps.
Step 2 – Triceps
- 5 Tate presses *
- 5 reps of overhead dumbbell extensions
- 5 reps of dumbbell kickbacks
After the last kickback is done, grab the next lightest pair of dumbbells for each exercise and do another drop set by going through the same progression – 5 Tate presses, 5 overhead dumbbell extensions, and 5 kickbacks.
* To do Tate presses, lie on a bench with a pair of dumbbells and extend your arms towards the ceiling as if you were doing presses. Your palms should be facing your feet. Without moving your upper arms and bending only at the elbow, lower the dumbbells so they barely touch your chest. At this point, your elbows will be pointing straight out to the sides. Raise the dumbbells back to the starting position by extending the upper arms.
Step 3 – Repeat
After finishing with the first round of triceps, go back to biceps and do another tri-set and then do the second round of triceps exercises. Do this for 5 rounds. What makes this workout a beast is that there's no rest between sets. You go non-stop. Good luck.