This workout finisher is for more advanced lifters and should be done with lighter weight. About 95 pounds is usually enough to crush most lifters. Perform 3-4 reps of each exercise without putting the barbell down. Gasp for air and repeat until 8 minutes is up, or your heart bursts... whichever comes first.
How to Do It
- Perform 3-4 reps of a Romanian deadlift.
- Then progress to 3-4 hackey pulls. Begin with an RDL position and the bar just below knee-level. Accelerate the bar as it passes the knees, aggressively extending the hips forward, in effect "popping" the bar off the thighs. This movement teaches you to reach full-hip extension before breaking at the elbows during the pull. This also helps you "feel" your glutes working.
- Next, perform 3-4 high pulls, which is a great exercise for accelerating the bar AFTER hip extension is reached. It also builds a thick yoke.
- Finally, perform 3-4 power cleans by extending the hips, knees, and ankles and then shrugging the shoulders, bending the elbows as the bar rises and transferring the "weightless" bar.
- As the body reaches full extension, aggressively pull the body underneath, rotating the elbows forward, racking the bar on the front deltoids in the shelf position. Loosen the grip and allow the wrists to turn upwards and the elbows to stay parallel with the ground.