Pumpkin is a great way to add a ton of moisture to your desserts without a ton of calories, and the flavor can be masked fairly easily. It doesn’t have to taste like pie or overpriced lattes.
And sure, as lifters we can afford the extra calories, but wouldn’t it be nice to have a generous portion, one that actually fills you up, without topping out on your allotment for the day? You can with this.
Metabolic Drive Protein Brownies
- 1 can of pumpkin, 16-ounces (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup chocolate Metabolic Drive® Protein (or 3 heaping scoops)
- 1 cup Splenda
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of coarse ground salt
- Option: Nuts or seeds to sprinkle on the top
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Get a medium-sized pan. (I use a round 9-inch cake pan.) Spray it with coconut oil, then dust it with protein powder to keep the brownies from sticking.
- Spoon the batter into the pan and distribute evenly. Lightly sprinkle the top with nuts or seeds (if using) and the course ground salt.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until done.
- Cut it into 6 pieces, and enjoy!
Nutritional Information Per Slice
- Calories: 88 per slice, without nuts/seeds
- Fat: 1 gram
- Carbs: 9 grams
- Protein: 11 grams