Dieting and staying lean means cutting out all of your favorite treats and snacks, right? Wrong.
Making simple ingredient swaps will make all the difference. We’re cutting the calories while adding extra protein, changing out butter and oils with apple sauce, using egg whites instead of whole eggs, and using almond milk instead of regular milk.
Granted, are the things we’re cutting out “bad” foods? Not all of them. We know yolks have their benefits, for instance. But I’m going to assume you already got those nutrients with your regular meals. This recipe is all about keeping your calories in check and enjoying some deliciousness, so that you can meet your fat loss goals easily.
You won’t be left feeling deprived when you love what you’re eating. And let’s be serious, the more you feel like you’re “not allowed” to enjoy a dessert or snack, the more you want it. So that’s where this comes in. It’s a simple swap that’s not going to break your diet the same way a downward spiral into a whole sheet of “real” brownies would.
Plus, adding Metabolic Drive® Protein will have you feeling more satiated. The extra protein will make it easier to stop at 1 or 2 pieces instead of the whole pan.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup Splenda (the kind made for baking that’s equal to sugar, cup for cup)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate Metabolic Drive® Protein
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup plain low fat Greek yogurt
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup PB2 (powdered peanut butter)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together both flours, baking soda, salt, Splenda, cocoa powder, and protein powder.
- Once combined, add apple sauce, yogurt, and egg whites. Mix wet and dry ingredients together thoroughly and fold in the dark chocolate chips.
- Using cooking spray, spray a 9 inch baking dish and pour in the brownie batter until it evenly covers the bottom of the dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Put PB2 in a small bowl and add water until you have a consistency a bit more liquid like than peanut butter. Drizzle on top of cooled brownies. Cut brownies into 12 pieces and enjoy!
Calories and macros per square:
- Calories: 94
- Protein: 10 grams
- Fat: 2.7 grams
- Carbs: 7.5 grams