A batch of soft, sweet cookies doesn't have to be packed with sugar, butter, or flour. Nor does it need to be difficult to make or time consuming. With this recipe there's no blender or food processor necessary. It's easy.
- 4 large bananas
- 4 scoops Metabolic Drive® banana
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup of Splenda, or sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Liberal amounts of ginger, cinnamon, allspice, cardamom or pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mash the bananas together in a mixing bowl. Add all the other ingredients and mix by hand.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with coconut oil. Spoon out batter using a cookie scoop. You should get about 20-22 cookies.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes depending on your oven and how large you made your cookies. Err on the side of a shorter bake time, then break one open to see if it's done. Or stab one with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, you'll know they're ready to eat.
Invest in a cookie scoop. Find one with a "sweep" which is the thing you often see on ice cream scoops. Use the scoop to make them uniform in size so that they bake evenly.
Banana-banana cookies contain about 77 calories per cookie, 5 grams of protein, 12 grams of carbs, and 1 gram of fat.