The best way to stay the course while losing fat? Make sure you're not hating life in the process. That's where these come in.
They're not the sugar bomb you've come to expect from conventional cheesecake or brownies, yet they combine both with higher quality ingredients. They're filling because they contain protein, and they can easily fit into your daily diet without derailing your efforts to get jacked and lean.
The Brownie Ingredients
- 1/3 Cup coconut flour
- 1/2 Cup oats ground up in a Nutribullet or food processor
- 1 Cup chocolate Metabolic Drive® Protein
- 1/2 Cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 Cup Splenda (the kind made for baking that's equal to sugar, cup for cup)
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 Cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 4 Egg whites
- 1/2 Cup unsweetened apple sauce
The Cheesecake Layer
- 1 Cup fat-free cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 Cup Splenda
- 3/4 Cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and spray 9x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine all of the brownie layer ingredients and mix well with an electric hand mixer.
- Pour the batter into your baking dish and pop them in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- In a smaller, microwave-safe dish, melt your cream cheese, sweetener, and cocoa powder. This should take about 30 seconds, depending on your microwave. When it's done, stir until smooth and creamy.
- Spread evenly onto semi-cooled brownies and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
- Throw them back into the oven for an additional 15 minutes. Bake time depends on your oven, so stick a toothpick in the center and if it comes out clean, they're done! Cut them into 16 squares and enjoy.
- Calories per square: 105
- Protein: 9.2 grams
- Fat: 3 grams
- Carbs: 7 grams