Workout waffles? WOD waffles? Protein waffles? Wait… proffles! #Proffles better start trending. Whatever you want to call these, they’re delicious. Waffles don’t have to be a cheat day thing either. Make them like this and you can have ’em every day.
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters
- 1 large banana
- 2 scoops (60 grams) Metabolic Drive® Banana
- 1/2 cup oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk)
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. You can slice the banana or just break it into chunks with your fingers. Let mixture sit for a few minutes to pre-soften the oats. Re-stir and pour batter into your waffle iron and let it rip.
This recipe will make one big Belgian waffle or four sissy waffles depending on the kind of waffle maker you have.
Options and Notes
- Use two whole eggs instead of the egg substitute if you prefer. But this combo does give it a nice fluffy texture, which isn’t easy to do with a gluten-free recipe.
- A couple handfuls of berries can replace the banana.
- Use chocolate protein and a handful of dark chocolate chips if you’re feeling fudgy.
- This recipe was created with Metabolic Drive® protein. The recipe won’t work as well with a low quality protein powder or a whey-only product.
But What About Toppings?
Use a low or no-sugar syrup if you’re watching calories and can handle the sugar alcohols. Sugar-free fruit preserves can be a great replacement for syrup. Or try this:
- 1 scoop Metabolic Drive® Vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flour
- Splash or two of milk or water
- Option: 2 tablespoons powdered peanut butter
Stir the above together. Add liquid gradually until you get a syrupy consistency. Pour over your proffles.