Sometimes you want to be fit and shredded more than anything else. And sometimes you want cookies. All the cookies. Well, these can fill the gap.
We've lowered the calories a bit by removing most of the sugar and fat. And each cookie has 7 grams of satiating protein. They're moist, chocolaty, and will satisfy any cookie craving.
The 20-Minute Recipe
- 1 Cup Bob’s Red Mill low-carb baking mix
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup vanilla Metabolic Drive® Protein
- 1/3 Cup Splenda (the kind made for baking that's equal to sugar, cup for cup)
- 4 Tablespoons PB2 (powdered peanut butter)
- 1 Cup apple sauce
- 4 Egg whites
- 1/3 Cup dark chocolate chips
- Optional: Walden Farms chocolate sauce (for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, Metabolic Drive, and PB2. Mix well.
- Stir in apple sauce and egg whites. Once everything is combined and looking like a smooth batter, mix in those chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon or small ice cream scooper to drop the dough onto the baking sheet. You should get about 12 cookies.
- Pop them into the oven for 13 minutes and indulge.
- Calories per cookie: 101
- Protein: 10 grams
- Fat: 2.5 grams
- Carbs: 7.5 grams